- Fully featured, Android based “system on a module” is ideal for a wide range of applications requiring mobility, high data rates, advanced human-machine interface and edge computing functions
- Evolving from the Telit SE150A4 smart module, the new SE250B4 is designed to streamline development and production processes for customers while reducing time to market, R&D investments and total cost of ownership
Telit, a global leader in the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced the release of the SE250B4, the newest addition to its smart module product line.
Evolving from the existing SE150A4, the SE250B4 is a fully featured “system on a module” that provides native support for integrated peripherals like high-resolution touch displays, advanced cameras and popular audio and digital sensor interfaces. The SE250B4 is ideal for a wide range of applications that require mobility, high data rates, advanced human-machine interface and edge computing functions. The certified and ready-to-use SE250B4 helps customers reduce time to market, R&D investments and total cost of ownership (TCO).
The new SE250B4 smart module is powered by the Qualcomm® QCM2290 system-on-chip (SOC) with built-in Qualcomm® Adreno GPU 702 at 845MHz, and runs on the Android operating system (OS). The new SE250B4 supports comprehensive multimedia features and multiple wireless technologies — LTE Cat. 4 / Wi-Fi 5 / Bluetooth 5.0 / GNSS — in one highly integrated package that is perfect for a wide range of IoT applications such as:
- Mobile point-of-sale (mPOS), smart cash registers and vending machines
- Smart alarm panels
- Security surveillance cameras and systems
- Home automation and smart home gateways
- Industrial personal digital assistants (PDA)
- Handled PCs and tablets
- Police and law enforcement equipment
- Telematics cameras
- Digital video recorders (DVR)
- In-car video
- And many more
The SE250B4 series includes variants: SE250B4-NA for North America | SE250B4-EU for Europe and other | SE250B4-WE for worldwide Wi-Fi
Manish Watwani, chief marketing and product officer, Telit, said:
“Our commitment to offering customers the most advanced solutions for streamlining development and production processes is reflected in our new SE250B4 smart module series, which not only strengthens Telit’s smart module portfolio but also our market presence in this strategic and growing sector.”
The post Telit Broadens Smart Module Portfolio with Release of New SE250B4 appeared first on IoT Business News.